Position ID: OH300011
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Work with trade, specialty and direct to consumer sales and marketing to see that assigned team meets revenue goals. Will produce heavily illustrated projects (eBooks, print books, websites, webinars, videos etc.) under guidance from management and senior staff. Overall point person for projects for which he or she has been assigned. Identify and solve problems related to product development and production. Contact person for contributors, sales and marketing, e-commerce, art department and production department, as well as for freelancers working on projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Content Prep and Development
• Prepare and edit text, art and video materials to be appropriate for projects and ready for desired delivery options: eBook, print, web properties, webinars and TBD by the market. May require guidance from management and senior staff.
• Obtain 5-7 new projects per year for content development. Develop content by reviewing submissions; resolving problems; editing text and art; producing outlines/table of contents, page plans, InDesign thumbnails and dummies.
• Production edit and deliver 5-7 print and eproducts simultaneously to Prepress per year overseeing freelance copyeditors, indexers and proofreaders
• Work with the art team, production staff, designers and marketing staff as quality control from contract signing to the print and conversion house. Follow schedules for assigned projects. Make sure that the finished products are what the company intended.
*Attend and sometimes manage photo and video shoots, and assist with the production, editing and quality control of video and DVD production, editing and quality control of video and product packaging. This may include but is not limited to making travel arrangements, hosting contributors, making shot lists, serving as onsite video producer, and conducting Final Cut video reviews.
Sales, Marketing and eCommerce
• Prepare sales and marketing materials including but not limited to Audience Development Web Pages, Book Layout and Design Samples (BLADS), Title Information sheets and back of book ads; update Project Information sheets
•Write/develop sales generating eCommerce and SEO optimized articles and content for community websites (and sections of existing web properties) and e-newsletters, research and develop Web content designed to drive eCommerce traffic and revenue, project manage development of audiovisual materials
•Contribute to social media platforms including but not limited to company websites and forums. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
• Create web links and bonus materials within the content of each project. Create Web pages for every project assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- B.A. in English Lit., Art, or Journalism and 1-2 years related experience and/or Graduate degree.
- Microsoft Office Suite, general Web/blogging familiarity, social networking savvy a must; Mac OS strongly preferred; InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, WordPress, Google Analytics a plus.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, organizational and collaboration skills; strong service and teamwork ethic, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Interest in art, creativity and expression
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our online application.
No solicitation from Third Party Recruiters please.