Position ID: CO300097
Location: Loveland, CO
Looking for an opportunity to gain experience in a challenging, dynamic publishing environment? Put your editorial skills to work with the Bead Group at Interweave, a division of F+W Media.
The editorial intern will assist with basic editorial tasks pertaining to the creation of Beadwork, Stringing, and related special issue magazines. The intern will be exposed to a wide variety of opportunities for hands-on learning about the process of publishing magazines from start to finish. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fact-checking resource information
- Proofreading Zinio and iPad versions of magazines
- Assisting with project selections and photo shoot preparation
- Tracking project submissions
- Online research
- Monitoring magazine FB pages
- Writing product reviews and other copy as assigned
- High school diploma and at least two years working toward a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or communications is required.
- Must have strong editing and writing skills; great computer and Internet skills; excellent interpersonal skills; an aptitude for juggling multiple tasks and priorities, as well as meeting deadlines; and impeccable attention to detail. He/she should also be highly organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Experience with jewelry making or other crafting preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop Elements, and similar programs is a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our online application.
Must be a currently enrolled in a university program.